Direct Deposit


The following are eligible for direct deposit:

  • Student Assistants
  • Hourly employees
  • CSU Faculty with Academic Year Appointments
  • Faculty Early Retirement Program (FERP)

Salaried employees must have one of the following annual leave balances saved:

  • 40 hours of vacation
  • 20 hours of sick and 20 hours of vacation

The following are ineligible for direct deposit:

  • Faculty Quarter to Quarter Appointments
  • Emergency Hires
  • Special Consultant (Immediate Pay)

How Do I enroll in direct deposit?

The direct deposit authorization form is available online through the State Controller's Office website. Please submit the signed original form to the Payroll Department.

If you are unable to access the direct deposit authorization form online, the form is also available at the Payroll Department in Sierra Hall, Rm 103.

When are direct deposit payments posted?

Direct Deposit payments for Master Payroll are normally posted on the first business day following the last day of the related pay period. Other Direct Deposit payments are posted within 48 hours of the State Controller's issue date.

Direct Deposit Calendar

How long does is take for my direct deposit to process?

If all data on the Direct Deposit Enrollment Authorization form is accurate and legible, it may take between 30 to 45 days to process.

How do I change my direct deposit information?

To change your direct deposit account information please complete the Direct Deposit Authorization form and fill out all applicable fields for 'CHANGE'. Submit the original form to the Payroll Department in Sierra Hall Rm 103 or you can access the form on the State Controller's web site.

This may take between 30 and 45 days to process. The State Controller's Office (SCO) will cancel your old direct deposit and apply your new direct deposit information. You may receive one paper warrant during this time.

Please leave your old account open until you receive a deposit into your new account. If you close your account prior to notifying the SCO, then your payment will be rejected by the financial institution and a paycheck will not be issued until the rejected funds have been returned to the SCO.

My direct deposit was cancelled

The State Controller's Office (SCO) cancels all Direct Deposit Authorizations each year during June and December, for employees who do not have active appointments in the SCO system.

Your direct deposit may be cancelled by the Payroll Department or the State Controller's Office if:

  • You have been separated from the university
  • If you are currently receiving non-industrial disability (NDI) payments
  • If you do not have a current/active rostered student position. (1868, 1874, 1875, 1876, 1150,1151,1152,1153)

Faculty Early Retirement employees must enroll for direct deposit each year.

If you have submitted a Direct Deposit Authorization form and have not received a direct deposit please contact the Payroll Department at (909) 537-5159.