- How do I enroll in direct deposit?
- When are direct deposit payments posted?
- How long does it take for my direct deposit to process?
- How do I change my direct deposit account information?
- My direct deposit was cancelled.
The following are eligible for direct deposit:
- Student Assistants
- Hourly employees
- CSU Faculty with Academic Year Appointments
- Faculty Early Retirement Program (FERP)
- Salaried Employees
Because establising direct deposit may take two to three pay cycles, Faculty Quarter to Quarter Appointments, Emergency Hires and Special Consultant (Immediate Pay) are ineligible for direct deposit.
Special Note to New Employees: If you take time off during your first month, the only time available for immediate usage is your Personal Holiday. Any other time taken off can result in your pay being reduced.
Updated 6/6/15 by Cesar Portillo, AVP Human Resources
How Do I enroll in direct deposit?
The direct deposit authorization form is available online through the State Controller's Office website. Please submit the signed original form to the Payroll Department. All completed Direct Deposit forms are mailed to the SCO for processing.
If you are unable to access the direct deposit authorization form online, the form is also available at the Payroll Department in Sierra Hall, Rm 103.
When are direct deposit payments posted?
Direct Deposit payments for Master Payroll are normally posted on the first business day following the last day of the related pay period. Other Direct Deposit payments are posted within 48 hours of the State Controller's issue date.
How long does is take for my direct deposit to process?
If all data on the Direct Deposit Enrollment Authorization form is accurate and legible, it may take between 30 to 45 days to process.
How do I change my direct deposit information?
To change your direct deposit account information please complete the Direct Deposit Authorization form and fill out all applicable fields for 'CHANGE'. Submit the original form to the Payroll Department in Sierra Hall Rm 103 or you can access the form on the State Controller's web site.
This may take between 30 and 45 days to process. The State Controller's Office (SCO) will cancel your old direct deposit and apply your new direct deposit information. You may receive one paper warrant during this time.
Please leave your old account open until you receive a deposit into your new account. If you close your account prior to notifying the SCO, then your payment will be rejected by the financial institution and a paycheck will not be issued until the rejected funds have been returned to the SCO.
My direct deposit was cancelled
The State Controller's Office (SCO) cancels all Direct Deposit Authorizations each year during June and December, for employees who do not have active appointments in the SCO system.
Your direct deposit may be cancelled by the Payroll Department or the State Controller's Office:
- If you are seperating or have been separated from the university- (per AB2410- payment of wages upon seperation requirements).
- If you no longer meet the Direct Deposit eligibility requirments, insufficient leave balances, absence without leave,dock,tardiness.
- If your Direct Deposit payment has been returned to the SCO (due to a closed or invalid routing number or account number, the the SCO will re-issue a paper warrant once re-deposited, this can take up to a few weeks).
- If an overpayment occurred due, but not limited to, death/permanent speration/suspension/dismissal,layoff.
- If the SCO is collecting, via payroll deduction, an overpayment.
- If you have filed bankruptcy under the National Bankruptcy Act, Chapters VII & XIII and a court order directs all or a portion of your pay to be remitted to a third party.
- If you are currently receiving non-industrial disability (NDI) payments without personal leave credit supplementation.
- If you do not have a current/active rostered student position. (1868, 1874, 1875, 1876, 1150,1151,1152,1153)
- Due to fraud on one's account.
Academic Year Faculty Early Retirement employees must enroll for direct deposit each year.
If you have submitted a Direct Deposit Authorization form and have not received a direct deposit please contact the Payroll Department at (909) 537-5159.